I hope everyone had an awesome holiday and got all the goodies you wished for!! Now is that weird time between Christmas and New Years when I’m in limbo and feeling like a total blob, yet wanna get motivated for all the fab things we have planned in 2018! As I write this, I’ve got my ass parked on the couch in my fluffy robe looking at some leftover holiday mess that seems to creep back no matter how many times I attempt to clean it. The good news is, I’m bringing you my meatloaf recipe I made on Christmas Eve as promised on my Instagram post!
Let me begin my telling you I am SO NOT a meatloaf person normally, nor was I ever until I discovered THIS! I can’t take credit for the bread idea myself, but this is my version! It’s turkey meat, so much better for you than beef, and unlike other meatloaf I’ve tried before it is so so smooth!! So here it is…
- 2 packages of ground turkey (antibiotic and hormone-free!)
- 4-5 slices of bread (I use wheat bread)
- 1 Large egg
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- A dash of hot sauce
- A dash of liquid smoke
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- A pinch of cumin
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Throw the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl
- Tear the bread up into small pieces and add it to the turkey mixture
- Add the egg, olive oil, cumin, salt, hot sauce and liquid smoke
- Chop the onion and add it to the mix
- Using your hands, mix all the ingredients together until you have a smooth mixture (I prefer gloves when I don’t want to get my fingers sticky).
- Coat a baking pan with butter or coconut oil spray
- Form the mixture into a “loaf” on the pan
- Cover it with foil or a lid and pop it in the oven for 1 hour or until it’s cooked through the center
- Remove the foil toward the end to allow your loaf to “brown” a bit on top if you prefer
- Slice and serve!!
Show me your healthy turkey loaf with your fav side dishes on IG @stephaniepicss #urbanmermaid💕😋